Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

THANKSgiving!

I promised myself I would update the blog before Christmas soooo....11 days early isn't too bad.:)  Getting things ready for Christmas/Henry's 1st Birthday has been INSANE!  Now I know why it sucks to have a kids birthday around the same time as Christmas.  We are excited about the holidays this year though.  Henry is at a really fun stage right now.  He's walking/running a muck and is now mocking everything we do.  He's waving and saying bye bye (which melts my heart every time) and is such a momma's boy right now (which melts my heart even more).  I love our morning cuddles and play time we are actually playing instead of chewing on random objects.  He is obsessed with his shoes and is saying "Shoe" now!  He carries them everywhere.  Places I have found them:  the toilet, trash, between the couch cushions, under the bed, and the tub(floating in his bath water...nice).  It takes me at least 20 minutes to get out the door because I'm looking for his shoes.  He just follows me around and laughs.  He's so much fun and full of personality!  
Thanksgiving was so much fun!  We were able to drive down to Kentucky to visit my family and go to my cousin, Megan's wedding.  I was a little nervous about Henry and the 6 hour drive, but he was an angel (surprisingly).  He slept a lot of the way and was entertained by our new favorite early Christmas gift, DVD players for the car.  I think we love them even more than he does.  Who cares if we're having to listen to the opening song of Elmo's World A MILLION TIMES!  It's totally worth it to have a quiet, content baby.  Here are some pics from our fun trip.
Best buddies:  Henry and Parker

Thanksgiving day!

Aubrey and her first love.

Aubrey had the most awesome bed head EVER!  Looks like someone had a rough night.

Bunch of crazies.  We kind of had to forget about taking a decent picture with all the babies looking at the camera so for the next few years this is how our family portraits will be taken. (Adam's monkey impression is my favorite)
We have taken a pic of dad holding us up to put our 1st ornament on the tree since we were babies....I think dad was a little sore the next morning this year.



















We were also able to squeeze in a couple of family photo shoots.  The Richardson family did awesome!  Can they be any more gorgeous?  I think not...



This one makes me tear up...Bryan totally wants a little girl now:)

Our little fam didn't do too bad either.  Trick to taking pictures of our kids:  Poppy and candy.




Oh and Megan and Derek's wedding...gorgeous!  Megan looked stunning in the dress my mom and her mom wore.  It was so vintage looking and classy.  Reminded me a lot of Kate Middleton's dress.  The reception was incredibly darling.  Everyone did such a great job!
Can you believe her eyelashes are real?!  I've always been seriously jealous of them.



They are too cute for words.

....and so is this
I'm so thankful for my amazing family!  I love their guts:)

A & B


3 comments:

  1. love all the pics! Henry is the cutest ever! And I love how your family photo shoot turned out!! (p.s. I totally accidentally posted this under Randys name first so I deleted it and re-posted under my login...so that you didn't think my husband was blog-stalking you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah i love all the pics and words. bryan's suspenders are way too cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Thanks guys! Yeah Tiff I was thinking...Randy reads my blog??

    ReplyDelete