Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Our Fall of Falls

Blog update?  Yep I think it's time...I really wish I was better at this.  I won't ramble on about what we've been up to the past 2 months (or maybe I will)  but I will tell you that our little man started walking!  EEK!  He took his first steps at 9 months (the little overachiever) and has taken off at 10 months.  Needless to say it's been crazy around our house.  He's been getting into everything!  Toilets, dishwasher, cabinets, garbage can, diaper genie...you name it.  This new adventure has left our little guy with lots and lots of falls, bruises, and yes...blood:(  His first bad fall was just last week.  And it was a doozy.  Full speed into the corner of the wall.  He was crying, I was crying...it was a sad sad day.  And he still has the battle wound.  It's healing up, and has a couple more bruises to go along with it.  The first couple of days we went out after "the fall" I felt like people were starring at me trying to figure out if I were the type to beat my baby.  Before anyone could make a comment about Henry's mangled face, I felt like I had to jump in and defend myself by saying "yeah he just started walking...can you tell?"  I know, I care too much what other people think sometimes.  We are getting super excited about the holidays this year.  It seems like so much more fun when you have kids.  Henry gets to meet up with his first and second cousins next week at Thanksgiving.    Nina and Poppy's house may be interesting with 4 kids under the age of 2 1/2.  But we are so looking forward to it!  Here are a few pics I took yesterday of Hank the tank.  I thought it would be best to get some pics of him when his face is free of bumps and bruises (for the most part).  He wasn't in the greatest of moods and totally has his "outdoor face" on, but man he's still so dang cute!  Doesn't he look so grown up!? (tear)





Ok I have to throw in some pics of Henry's first Halloween.  I was lazy and decided to just get him some skeleton pjs.  Hey you can't beat 10 bucks and he's still wearing them to bed.  It was easy to "party hop" with him so cozy and already ready for bed!  Midwestern had an awesome party that I think Henry will be much more enthusiastic for next year when he can play all the games.  We also attended the ward's trunk or treat and our awesome dental school friends had a super fun party filled with TOO MANY yummy treats.  It was a blast!  Maybe next year I'll put a little more thought into our costumes.


A & B

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh! I love these pictures of Henry! He DOES look so grown up! As Madden would say, "He's walkeen so goooood!" At least all his bumps and bruises make him look like a tough little bad-A ;)

    ReplyDelete