Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

For auld lang syne!

So you know the famous new year's song everyone sings when the ball drops?  Confession:  I've NEVER known the lyrics or words or what it actually means....neither did Bryan.  Apparently we've both just been faking and mumbling the words every year.  Anybody else have this confession?  So we finally decided, after years and years of cluelessness, to find out what we're singing.  I would always sing "for old and good times".  Bryan's lyrics were "for old sayings die".  Now we know..."for auld lang syne!"  I guess it means "for old long ago".  Ok.  Good to know.  We had such a great New Year's Eve party at my aunt Lisa's and uncle Billy's venue that we had Henry's birthday party.  It's a perfect spot right down town and in front of the newly reconstructed court house.  I have to say my home town is the sweetest.  They have Christmas music playing in the streets downtown, lights, and cute little shops.  It is seriously picture perfect.  We celebrated with friends and family, ate yummy food, played games, danced our butts off, and laughed hysterically.  I can't think of a better way to bring in the new year.



New Year BLISS

My boy
We kept the photo props from Henry's party...it was a hoot!

Mom & Dad:  Are they not the cutest?!

The party animals

..."and we're laughing"

I love Abby's flesh colored stache...
Our Hosts:  Lisa and Billy
The Newly Weds

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
A & B

5 comments:

  1. You guys are cute. Looks like leopard is the in-thing right?! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Steph! Yeah I totally didn't realize we were all dressed in our leopard best until I saw the pic of us together. Haha! Leopard never gets old...

      Delete
  2. you look so pretty in these pictures! like a high end hooker! :)
    p.s. I thought the song was for "old langs time" til about 4 years ago. and even when i figured out what the words were, I still didn't know what the hell they meant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiff! I'm always going for the high end hooker look:)

      Delete
  3. This looks like such a good time! 1)I love Abby's fleshstache, she looks like a total pedophile. 2)The New Year's Bliss photo threw me for a serious loop - who the heck you were kissing?! Then I saw Abby was sporting the leopard too. ;)

    ReplyDelete