Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Spring is here!! And our first family vacation to California!

I guess it's about that time for a long over due post.  A lot has happened since our last post.  Our little man is 3 months old now and is growing and getting more fun every day.  We went on our first family vacation a couple of weeks ago to California to visit with family.  I have to admit I was pretty ambivalent about the 6 hour flight.  On top of that Henry had just gotten his first cold and was not feeling or acting like himself.  The first half of the flight went great, but the last few hours were terrible!  I mean screaming baby nearly the entire time.  I love the looks you get from everyone, like "I feel so sorry for you", or "Oh my gosh who brings a baby on a 6 hour flight".  The trip was great with the exception of those few hours.  We were able to see Bryan's grandparents, Grandma and Grandpa Hartley, his sister Janae and her family, his sister Kristen, and his aunt Linda,  uncle Rick and cousin Mimi.  We had so much fun visiting with everyone.  And they loved little Henry.  Grandma and Grandpa are living in Dana Point, California now and it's right on the beach.  We took Grandpa on some little walks to the beach and the parks.  It was so gorgeous!  We had to make sure we got our Jamba Juice and In-n-Out fix.  We desperately need these places in Kentucky!  Side note:  Bryan left our carry on bag (which included our nice new camera) at the car rental place when we arrived Friday.  Fortunately it wasn't stolen.  Unfortunately we didn't get to take good photos the entire trip!  Bummer.  These phone pics will have to do.  Bryan is very sorry.
I'm pretty sure we went to Jamba Juice nearly every day.


 Henry was also able to spend some time with his cousins McKenzie Lee and Parker Eugene.  I'm not sure they are too excited about each other yet...but they will be bffs for sure!
Now that's what you call a "deer in a headlights" look
Henry loves Mimi and blowing bubbles!
This is priceless.  Henry bullying sweet little Parker.

It's gotten so nice and warm outside!  We LOVE spring.  The grass is growing, the flowers are blooming, I love the beautiful colors outside!  It makes me want to sit on the back deck and drink herbal tea all day.  We took Henry outside on one of the many GORGEOUS days and took a few pics.  He loved it!  He was amazed by all the sights and sounds of the season.










 Henry is completely consuming our lives and we love every second of it.  I love seeing him grow and change.  He's even getting a little personality.  We call him Monkey because that's what he look like when you carry him around and when he lifts his little head up out of his crib letting us know he's ready to get up.  We are loving every stage!







1 comment:

  1. Hi Ali! I'm so excited to be a new follower of your blog- You are seriously gorgeous- Henry is adorable- and you're married to one of my verrrrry favorite cousins ever! I'm so happy to be able to keep tabs on you all now. Anyway- those pictures of your little family with grandpa made me tear up in this post- it's pictures and posts like this that keep me blogging. :) It was so wonderful to see you and get to know you a little better this past weekend. Please know, if you ever are in the bay area, we'd LOVE to have you- or even love to meet up. It would make my year :) hugs to you all! PS: my blog url is ballroomandbiscotti.blogspot.com - so fun to be in touch!

    ReplyDelete